Getting your customers to return is no easy task. There is a lot of competition and customers are bombarded every day by promotions. However, there are several strategies that will help you get your existing customers to return. Read further and discover four tips to take your customer retention to a higher level.
1. Loyalty card
Although it is not very original, a loyalty card is usually effective. With a discount card or another type of loyalty programme, you reward customers that return. Your customers will feel a stronger and more personal tie to your brand and will return more quickly in order to take advantage of the benefits of their loyalty card.
2. Waking up your sleeping customers
Some customers only visit you once and never return. What can you do to also encourage them to return to your physical shop or online store? Here are a few options:
- A personalised email that reminds your customers about a temporary promotion or informs them first about your next initiative. The more personal and exclusive the better the chance of success. Remarketing can also help with this.
- A monthly newsletter is also a successful way of waking sleeping customers and bringing them back to your business. But make sure that the newsletter is up-to-date and relevant.
- You can even go a little further. Why not send a gift to reliable customers that have not visited for a while? You can bet that they will return soon!
3. Make sure you are the best
Customer retention is naturally not the same thing as marketing. After all, customers each have their own reasons to buy something from you and the best reason is and remains quality. Ensure that you are the best at something:
- Durable products
- Exceptional finish
- Numerous additional benefits
- Best service
- Personal assistance
- Custom work
- Lowest prices
- Best price-quality ratio
4. The small things you do: a smile and a personal thank-you
You do not need to make grand gestures to increase your customer retention. A friendly service, a smile, a personal message or a little something extra, will get you very far. By being friendly, charming and helpful you can be sure that your customers will leave your shop or online store with a satisfied feeling and will return sooner.
On the subject of online stores, do not forget either that also your shipment, which is the only physical part of an otherwise virtual process, should be taken care of right down to the very last detail, if you want to keep your customers happy. So give some thought to the following:
- A flawless and rapid delivery service
- A personal thank-you with every shipment
- Branding on your shipments and packages