DHL’s TRADE AUTOMATION SERVICES (TAS)
- DHL’s Trade Automation Service (TAS) can calculate landed costs (duties, taxes, and other import fees), check product compliance, and provide you with the right Commodity Codes for your products and shipments.
DELIVERY DUTIES PAID (DDP)
- Many of your international customers won’t be expecting to pay duties or taxes, especially when receiving gifts. With a Delivery Duties Paid (DDP) service, you as the sender can bill all duty and tax charges back to your account.
- May need additional approvals and paperwork to travel. They can include cosmetics, perfumes, and lithium batteries.
- Can vary from country to country and can include products made from animal skins or furs, jewellery, and foodstuffs.
WE MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU
- Your DHL Account Manager and our Customer Services team will be able to advise you on the paperwork and approvals you need to export your products.
WHEN SELECTING TARGET MARKETS, CONSIDER
- Where your product had already gained interest. Check your web analytics to see who’s looking at your products and where they’re based!
- Where you think there may be a niche for your product.
WHEN IT COMES TO SELLING AND EXPORTING YOUR PRODUCTS, YOU NEED TO:
- Research and understand the local marketscape and business culture
- Consider what adaptations to make to your:
- Product offering
- Cost structure
- E-commerce platform’s language and payment options
- Promote your business and products through the right channels